Administrative and Finance Assistant
We are looking for an Administrative and Finance Assistant for providing financial advice and support to clients and colleagues ―in order to enable them to make sound business decisions―, to join our team.
In general though, tasks will include:
- Providing and interpreting financial information.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends.
- Analysing change and advising accordingly.
- Formulating strategic and long-term business plans.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance.
- Analysing competitors and market trends.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Managing a company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g.: Auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the inland revenue.
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines.
- Managing budgets.
- Arranging new sources of finance for a company’s debt facilities.
- Supervising staff.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Although this area of work is open to all graduates, the following subjects may be particularly valuable:
- Accountancy and Finance.
- Business Management.
A relevant postgraduate course will be valuable, but is not essential.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- An analytical approach to work.
- High numeracy and sound technical skills.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail and an investigative nature.
- The ability to balance the demands of work with study commitments.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- The capacity to make quick but rational decisions.
- The potential to lead and motivate others.
- Good IT skills.
Relevant IPO or M&A and/or start-up exit experience within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry will be valuable.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to aim for this position.