BI-RADS® for Mammography
The Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System (BI-RADS®) was developed by the American College of Radiology (ACR) to serve as a guide providing standarized breast imaging terminology, a recommended reporting structure including final assessment categories with accompanying management recommendations, and a framework for data collection and auditing. Subsequent validation showed that implementation of BI-RADS® reduces inter and intraobserver variability. The first edition was released in 1993 for Mammography findings, since then more editions have been released. In 2003 the first edition of the Ultrasound (US) and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) BI-RADS® Atlas was published.
BI-RADS® for Mammography was designed to standardize breast imaging reporting and to reduce confusion in breast imaging interpretations. It also facilitates outcome monitoring and quality assessment.
BIOPROGNOS has implemented ―for training or educational purposes― tha last versions of BI-RADS® for Mammography―for Brest Cancer screening and detection―. BI-RADS® for Mammography is based on the lexicon for standardized terminology (descriptors) for Mammography, as well as the chapters on Report Organization and Guidance Chapters for use in daily practice. Use is free of charge and not limited.
Once entered the patient data, our BI-RADS® for Mammography, presents the results as a PDF document, that can be downloaded or sent by email.
The report includes all Patient Data as well as Score, calculated according last version of BI-RADS® for Mammography.
Based on Publications
- ACR BI-RADS Altas Fifth Edition, Quick Reference. American College of Radiology. PDF.
- Aibar, L., Santalla, A., et al. (2011). Clasificación radiológica y manejo de las lesiones mamarias. Clínica e Investigación en Ginecología y Obstetricia, 38 (4): 141-149. DOI: 10.1016/j.gine.2010.10.016
- Hernández, P. L., Taub, T., et al. (2016). Breast calcifications: Description and classification according to BI-RADS 5th edition. Revista Chilena de Radiología. Vol 22, Issue 2. DOI: 10.1016/j.rchira.2016.06.004
- Lazarus, E., Mainiero, M. B., et al. (2006). BI-RADS Lexicon for US and Mammography: Interobserver Variability and Positive Predictive Value. Radiology, 239: 385-391. DOI: 10.1148/radiol.2392042127
- Sedgwick, E. L., Ebuoma, L., (2015). BI-RADS update for breast cancer caregivers. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, 150, 243-254. DOI: 10.1007/s10549-015-3332-4